(4 Jul 2012) .
SHOTLIST (including transcript):-
Paris France July 3 2012
1. Wide exterior Thï¿½ï¿½tre National de Chaillot
2. Wide of Claudia Cardinale arriving
3. Medium of Claudia Cardinale speaking to reporters
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Claudia Cardinale, Italian Tunisian actress: "I dressed in Armani many, many years ago. It's a long time, from the beginning. I'm always Armani. And I love him."
5. Michelle Yeoh descending from staircase
6. Michelle Yeoh and Jean Todt pose for photos
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Michelle Yeoh, actress: "I'm wearing Armani Privï¿½, of course. There's so much detail, I love it. It's very Asian, it reminds me of jade."
Reporter: "And what is it that you like about Armani, what brought you to the show?"
Michelle Yeoh: "Oh you know, Armani's Mr. Armani, it's not always just classical but elegant, quality, luxury and every time you think of him you think of a woman, you know, surrounded by beauty."
8. Medium of Anna Wintour arriving
9. Wide of Sophia Loren arriving
10. Medium of Sophia Loren posing for photographers
11. Cutaway Sophia Loren speaking to reporters
12. Reporter: "What is your relationship with Giorgio Armani?"
SOUNDBITE (German) Sophia Loren: "I love Armani."
13. Cutaway Zoe Saldana speaking to reporters
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Zoe Saldana, actress: "I came for the Armani show, yes, to see it.
Reporter: "Do you often come to Armani shows?"
Zoe Saldana: "No, this is my first time here and I'm really excited because I was able to sort of, I literally wrapped a movie two days ago in New York, and I was able to hop on a plane and be here. I love Roberta [Armani, Giorgio's niece], I respect so much what Giorgio has done as a designer and to be here as their guest is awesome."
15. Various shots of the Armani runway show
16. Models walk in the finale
17. Giorgio Armani takes a bow
MIDNIGHT COUTURE IN SUMPTUOUS AND ROMANTIC GIORGIO ARMANI SHOW
Giorgio Armani found romance in the midnight sky in a sumptuous haute couture collection that followed the changing hues of the sun.
His accomplished fall-winter collection 2012 on Tuesday (3 July) began with a daybreak of sorts, in lighter shades of mauve and lavender in organzas and double crepe.
Shoulders were emphasized, some with upward scooped tailoring. Others had upper bodices in graduated shades of pink - dawn's first rays of sunshine.
Then as the sun set, the couture got to work.
Embroidered veils appeared, signaling the dimness of dusk. Geometric embroidery accompanied black tulle tops with Swarovski crystals.
Spectators gasped as the show climaxed at midnight (in blue, naturally) with some of the most sumptuous dresses seen this season.
A blue silk bustier dress - the program notes say, made of triple organza - rippled with its generous overlaid skirt and a gentle tulle shoulder shrug.
The subtlety proves one thing: Armani lives up to his reputation for versatility.
Only last month, in Bejing he staged a show with bright va-va voom, mermaid silhouettes.
Here, things were more restrained and the looks, mirroring the cycle of time, oozed elegant sensuality.
And what better advertisement for elegance across time is Sophia Loren? The beautiful 77-year old film star sat in the front row alongside Claudia Cardinale, Michelle Yeoh and Zoe Saldana.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/652c6b6b8e2feb5e590ee0eb60356f5c
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork