Hello from Ohio USA... another sleepless night and at 4am I find this movie on YT. Most movies for me are predictable, but I must say this one caught me and my emotions totally off guard! Dawn approaches and sleep still eludes my now heavy heart...why am I still crying? The script, the music, the young actors with their faces of intense first love were all superb... Thank you for the English subtitles and this video. Best wishes from a now devoted follower.
Now I finally realise why my friend picked up the piano during this time period and why this movie is so loved. I really missed out in my youth! Better late than never. I have such a huge crush on lun mei now. Gosh.
2nd time watching this movie... the first time, when it was released about 10 years ago. 10 years ago... goshhhh! And I still think this is a very beautiful movie. Love the story, love the soundtracks very much.
Another secret to foreign viewer ! These words were written in Traditional Chinese Writing : "Couch is a fool" by two rugby boys when they hid inside closet to escape from their couch. Later when the severe teacher tried to find where is the other player to play with Jay for the "four hand" piece, he asked and heard a sound came out of the closet so he rushed to open it but only saw these words, therefore the teacher left since he did not see Rain at all.
By the way, it might be a little difficult to those people who only learned Simplied Chinese Writing to recognize these words. This is because Traditional Chinese Writing already used in China for more than 2,300 years as an official writing, however the Chinese communist suddenly changed it to Simplified Chinese Writing in Mainland China since 1949. In the meantime in Taiwan the government decide to keep Traditional Chinese Writing till now. Although 80% ~ 90% Chinese words writing are still the same in both writing, but 10% ~ 20% words writing difference makes it a little difficult for Taiwanese to read Simplified Chinese and for Mandarin Chinese it is a little difficult to read Traditional Chinese too.
can someone explain to me... if the girl plays the secret notes to travel to the future... shouldn't Jay be in the future too instead of going to the past since he played the secret notes too? Also, if Jay travels to the past, the first person he sees should be the only one who can see him, but the movie made it seem like he was able to live in the past with her and graduated with the rest of the class? Its kind of sad to know that he can't be going back to his time since they destroyed the building already...
Spoiler Alert ! You are welcome to visit here AFTER you see this masterpiece, please DO NOT vist here BEFORE you see this movie to assain your fun !
1. Why Sky could talked to Rain in the piano battle ? Since "First sight marks one's destiny", therefore when Rain's first sight was Sky, naturally Sky could see and talk to Rain. This also explains Jay saw Sky seemed talked to someone in the air in the middle of piano battle.
2. WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER JAY GO BACK TO FIND RAIN ? Well, Jay did succesfully go back and met Rain again but the timing is way earlier than their first met in the old piano room since he played the Secret piece in an ultra speed than Rain did. You can see Rain had a shortest haircut in the classroom after Jay risk his life to find her but a longer haircut in the old piano room when their first met.
2. The boy Jay have a Chinese name : Yie Xiang Lun = YXL and the girl Rain have a Chinese name : Lu Xiao Yu =LXY. In fate it hints they have a secret coonection as YXL-LXY.
3. After Jay risk his life to find Rain, Rain only knew Jay is a new student since then because in her memory she never met him before, anyway she gave him a very friendly smile to welcome him.
4. After the old piano was destroyed, the universe changed again and Jay is no longer his father's. The universe arranged Jay as a student in the school, anyone can see Jay showed in 1979 graduation ceremony picture stood besides Rain.
5. This Taiwan movie Secret (2007) in Chinese name "Bu Neng Shuo De Mi Mi" in English means "Secret can not be told". Rain told the teacher about it then bulling by classmates, Teacher told the others caused the bulling. Jay knew it in the end but he must keep this secret forever since if he told Rain or anyone he will be treated like a psycho too. The old piano was gone so no more magic left, therefore everything remains secret in the end.
6. After the last time Jay met Rain, he must find the way to fall in love with her again. Anyway we do not know this part since Jay planned to make a Secret 2 movie in his plan. Unfortunately Korean bought the Secret 2 copyright and Korean will rewrite everything including actors, so there will be no Jay and Rain in Secret 2 anymore !
7. The saddest part is Rain did passed away on graduation day, even though Jay run back to find her but the girl he loved will never return. The biggest secret is : everytime Rain and Jay played the Secret piece, the universe will changed subsequencely as a new universe. Thus in one universe Rain did passed away with heart breaking asthma.
8. As a matter of fact, there are many more secrets hid in this legend movie to be discovered. However if someone think there are loopholes in this movie. Trust me, Jay Chou arranged it purposely want you to think about it twice.
+HANA HANI Dear Hana, you just unconsciously unveiled the following secrets : the "1st sight" magic only works every time people played the Secret piece to go to the future and ended whe people play the Secret piece in hasty rhythm to back to the past. Rain played this piece after she found it from the old piano and the 1st one she saw was Jay in the old piano room. However afterwards she always failed to see Jay everytime she opened her eyes, thats why Rain wants to know the exactly distance between the old piano and Jay's classroom.
In order to know it, you can see in one scene : Rain raised her hands, closed her eyes, walked in corridor and counted how many steps she walked .... 78, 79, 80 .... For other students she looked like sleep walking .... One female student carelessly ran and hit her .... Two other 2 female students whispered behind her "Whats she doing ?" Still she didnt open her eyes until she counted exactly 108 steps to stand in the back door of the classroom.
How many times she failed before she exactly counted 108 steps from old piano room to Jay's classroom ? We never know ! But its VERY VERY likely surely catch every classmates' attention :
"Why she always walking in the corridor like sleep walking ?"
"What kind of problem she has ?"
"Is she a psycho ?"
Thus, Rain's classmates may believed she had a mental problem since then. It could also explains one key point : when the teacher told Rain's secret to the female class leader, this evil girl directed the the bulling with other classmates to Rain. Why not she ? Rain is do beautiful, talent and gifted in piano, obviously Rain was envy by the other girls for a long long time ago.
The process of finding true love not only brings happy but also heart breaking to Rain, personally I believed many of us have the same feeling as Rain, don't we ?
Jay chou is a legendary singer in Taiwan too if you try to listen and watch his songs mv you will love it I'm so in love with jay Chou I've been here for 7 Year's but not yet saw you personally. It's one of my Dream to see you jay personally.
If I had to describe how I'm feeling right now; with all that's going on; every time I need to think I come back to this video and watch. Hoping this Solider boy will wake up with the lark.
I knew a simple soldier boy
Who grinned at life in empty joy,
Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
And whistled early with the lark.
In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
He put a bullet through his brain.
No one spoke of him again.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
oh my god i've been looking for this movie for years, I didn't know who was playing and the title of the movie when I first watched it. i saw it on tv and it was so good. i'm so glad that i clicked on this video. thank you for uploading!
Dear Delia you better buy this Secret (2007) movie DVD or try the other way to preserve it. Because there is no copyright for this movie uploader in Youtube, therefore this movie may remove anytime without any notice at all.
It’s really too bad that so many ugly comments by fellow viewers must be part of a good movie so kindly shared. An absolute shame just about everywhere these days that’s inescapable. Are people and their worlds so bad that they must inflict it on others?
Around 2012 Jay Chou told the press there will be a Secret 2 but later he directed another movie instead, then the Secret 2 copyright was bought by Korean and they will rewrite the whole script to be a new movie on 2018. Personally I serious doubt if Korean could make a master piece like it since apparently Secret (2007) already become a legend to surpass.
Jay Chou is brilliant and amazing in this movie. Ive watched it in 2007. The piano battles are superb and the way that he plays the piano is epic. Its a masterpiece and one of the best movie that ive seen.
I love this edgy look! I was so excited that her hair, even as short as it is now, was still able to be put into the fun and trendy dutch pigtail braids! Instead of braiding to the ends, I ended them in close together pigtails at the nape of her neck. After I finished braiding, I tugged on the outsides of the braid gently to loosen them and make them a little messy and fun! Since she doesn’t have enough hair to tie around the elastics, I made sure to use elastics that matched her hair so they blend in as much as possible. You could also cover them with clips or bows! A view from the back of her Dutch pigtail braids! A great braid for short hair is a micro accent braid! My biggest tip for braiding short hair would be to add in small slices of hair rather than big ones. I did a small (micro) braid along a slightly curved deep part for anther cute and edgy look! You could also do another one next to it if you wanted a little more to the look, but I really liked how simple this one was. You can see how the part curves a little better from this view of the back. I ended the braid close to the head with an elastic that matched her hair. For our fourth style, we did a 3/4 french braid! Super simple but also super cute! You could do any type braid! It would also look cute using a Dutch braid or a fishtail braid! I loved the side view of this braid! I will for sure be doing this one next time she goes to gymnastics or swimming, whichever comes first! Our last braid is two four dutch lace braids into two loops in the back. Start off by parting the hair down the middle. On each side of the part, do a dutch lace braid, adding hair in from only the section closest to the part as you braid. Tie the braids together in the back with a small elastic and before you pull the hair all the way through to make a ponytail, leave it in a cute little loop! If the hair is a little bit longer, you could do a tiny bun. Repeat this directly under the braid you just did so you have two rows and two loops.
We will have to be coming up with lots more short hair braids in the future, so be sure to give us a follow over at our newly redesigned blog Abella’s Braids to see more as we do them!
Thanks for reading! See you again this time next month!
love these ideas! My daughter recently cut about 8 inches off her hair and is loving her shorter hair, but I’ve mostly been at a loss of what to do with it! Thanks!
Abella has been begging me for at least a year, probably closer to two years, to cut her hair. I posted a photo on Instagram with a question in the caption. “Abella has been begging me to cut her hair short, do you think I should let her do it?” Almost everyone said “YES!” So thanks to all of the good advice from my followers, we did it…and we haven’t regretted it for a second! I think she looks so cute and it really fits her personality! It’s for sure a lot harder to come up with braids but it’s pushed me to step out of my comfort zone! We wanted to show you that even if you have short hair, there are lots of cute braids you can still do!
This first braid (above) is three ladder braids. Start out with a part deep to one side. On the side with less hair, start out by doing a waterfall braid along the part. Under that one, do another waterfall braid, but incorporate the waterfall pieces from the one above it as you braid. Under that one, do a french braid. Incorporate the waterfall pieces from the second braid as you go. We braided each one to the ends and used elastics that matched her hair to tie them off.